“Technology is transforming the legal profession and Scrive provides a forward-looking and ambitious work environment, with the opportunity to have a cross-disciplinary approach to the legal profession. At Scrive I always receive the support I need to grow and reach my potential as a lawyer.”
Sebnem Erener, Legal Counsel at Scrive
At Scrive you will work in a fast and innovative environment and you will join an entrepreneurial and great-positioned company, growing at an exciting pace. Our aim is, that a few years from now, you will be able to say; “We did that, I was a part of the Scrive Story.”
With a recent capital injection, we are now increasing speed even further and are therefore looking to expand our Legal department with a Legal Counsel. The role will play a critical part in our expansion by strengthening the department’s capabilities to efficiently support other parts of the organisation both in Sweden and other countries.
The area of electronic signatures and electronic IDs wherein Scrive operates, is full of misconceptions and prejudiced opinions. Therefore, you and the legal department are crucial for our growth; you are the ones that are helping our customers and partners to understand and appreciate the legal environment - and to ensure compliance. This in-house legal expertise is essential for the success of our sales and marketing activities, as well as for building lasting trust with our customers.
As a Legal Counsel at Scrive, you will join a small, hands-on legal team and you will collaborate closely both within the team and with other parts of the organisation - mainly the revenue department. As a scale-up, Scrive’s work environment is fun and exciting, but also fast-paced, diversified and demanding. You need to be able to plan and execute your work effectively, whilst maintaining a high quality of work and a service-minded approach.
The role is located at our head office in central Stockholm, at Grev Turegatan 11 and you will report to the Chief Legal Officer.
In the role as Legal Counsel you will be focusing on providing business oriented legal advice and contract drafting/negotiation support to our revenue organisation. In the end you will be responsible for analyzing and condense both legal, commercial and/or technical issues into simple, straightforward and well-defined contract conditions.
What you will do:
- Provide clear and correct legal/contractual advice to the revenue department and other parts of the organisation
- Interpret and transform business requirements into legal/contractual requirements and vice versa
- Draft, review and approve contractual conditions in different contexts, such as; sales/license contracts and data processing agreements.
- Contribute in sales meetings as a legal expert, primarily on contract law aspects, electronic signature legislation (i.a. eIDAS) and data protection
- Maintain, update and develop Scrive model agreement documentation
- Research/analyze local laws and regulations with regards to applicability of electronic signatures in different contexts
- Build and maintain Scrive’s knowledge base within legal/compliance matters especially within the areas of electronic signatures (i.a. eIDAS), KYC and data protection
WHO ARE YOU?
To succeed in the role as Legal Counsel, we expect you to meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Minimum 3-4 years legal job experience from in-house legal department
- Swedish LL.M (Jur. kand/Juristexamen) or international equivalent
- Fluent in Swedish and English, both in writing and speaking
- Excellent skills in MS Office
- Track record of working with commercial contract law, contract drafting and negotiations
- Strong interest in understanding/addressing customer challenges, technical solutions and commercial (pricing) models
Big bonus points:
- Experience from working within or related to the tech industry and especially other SaaS solutions
- Experience of selling/buying enterprise software solutions and/or e-commerce experience
- Additional excellent language skills and legal knowledge, primarily in French, German, Spanish or Italian.
We believe you are a structured, thorough yet pragmatic Legal Counsel that likes to challenge your colleagues and business partners. You are a skilled negotiator and like to solve tricky problems in a creative way with a win-win customer-centric mindset. You have the ability to demonstrate sound judgment in stressful and/or ambiguous situations while maintaining a flexible and service minded approach. You like to work in a collaborative environment where everyone helps each other out and everyone’s contribution matters for success. We believe that you are a person that takes initiatives and concretizes ideas and makes them happen within the organisation. You like technology and innovation, are interested in learning more, and you are not afraid to take the lead to reach the target.
As an applicant you must be eligible to work in Stockholm, Sweden to apply for this role.
Sounds interesting? We look forward to hearing your ideas, so apply now!
Questions about this position?
Peter Carlstedt, Chief Legal Officer
Founded in 2010, Scrive is the Nordic market leader for e-signing, providing agreement lifecycle workflows and digital identity solutions for all channels from online to in-store. We have 3000+ customers in over 40 countries across several industries, with a strong presence in telecom, finance and automotive. As of June 2020, via the entering of new owners Vitruvian Partners and substantial capital injection, we are taking even quicker and greater steps towards becoming a European market leader.
Our selection process is continuous, and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.