At Scrive you will work in a fast and innovative environment and you will join an entrepreneurial and great-positioned company, growing at an exciting pace. Our aim is, that a few years from now, you will be able to say; “We did that, I was a part of the Scrive Story.”
For us to keep on delivering the best product on the market we will now strengthen our Platform Engineering team with a Database Developer. We believe that the person that we are looking for wants to optimize our data structure and queries to contribute to improving our products.
You will be a part of our Platform Engineering team who mainly works with Haskell. You will have a central role in our team where you will work independently with inspecting database code and introducing improvements without compromising data quality, privacy or security.
The position is remote, available to anyone living in the EU, but if you are located in Stockholm you can also come to work at our wonderful HQ office in central Stockholm (subject to Covid-19 restrictions, of course). In this role you will report to your team lead and the Head of Platform.
What you will do:
- Implement and maintain database code in the form of stored procedures, scripts, queries, views, triggers, etc.
- Continuously look for inefficiencies in SQL queries and data access patterns
- Perform code reviews for other developers from the SQL performance PoV
- Work on and improve caching architecture based on Redis
WHO ARE YOU?
To succeed in the role as Database developer, we expect you to meet the following minimum qualifications:
- 3+ years working as a database developer working with PostgreSQL
- Expert Level SQL, PL/pgSQL, including stored procedures, functions, triggers, and views.
- Knowledge of JSON and PostgreSQL support for JSON.
- Ability to efficiently write database code without compromising data quality, privacy or security.
- Knowledge of database design principles, query optimization, index management, integrity checks, statistics and isolation levels
- Open to functional programming principles and working in the Haskell programming language
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to evaluate alternative solutions and/or workarounds
Big bonus points if you have previous experience of:
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. Redis) and NoSQL support in PostgreSQL
- Experience with scaling and caching of DB
- Experience with message queuing, full text indexing, and other other high performance data concepts.
- Demonstrable experience working with huge, interdependent, complex datasets and data structures.
- Experience with a functional programming language (Haskell, Erlang, Elm, Clojure, OCaml, …)
To succeed in the role as Database Developer in the Platform Engineering team we will need you to be self-reliant. You are able to independently choose work methods and make necessary decisions to drive work forward, also when there are no given routines or guidance. You will join a small team that works closely together so it will be crucial for you to be highly co-operative. Where you pay attention to others opinions, competence and performance and make an effort to adjust your own behaviour in order to create good working relationships with others. This role is all about finding and delivering the best solution, therefore you need to be solution oriented, you have the ability to break down problems, do an analysis and take action to prevent problems and find the best solution. Scrive is in a growing phase where we are moving fast forward, this means that your prioritized list could change quickly. We therefore believe that you are a flexible person that quickly adjusts to new circumstances.
Does this sound interesting? We look forward to hearing your ideas, so apply now!
Founded in 2010, Scrive is the Nordic market leader for e-signing, providing agreement lifecycle workflows and digital identity solutions for all channels from online to in-store. We have 2000+ customers in over 40 countries across several industries, with a strong presence in telecom, finance and automotive. As of June 2020, via the entering of new owners Vitruvian Partners and substantial capital injection, we are taking even quicker and greater steps towards becoming a European market leader.
Our selection process is continuous, and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.