At Scrive you will work in a fast and innovative environment, and you will join a well-positioned company growing at an exciting pace. Our aim is that, a few years from now, you will be able to say; “We did that, I was a part of the Scrive story.”
For us to keep on delivering the best product on the market, we are strengthening our SRE Team with a Database Administrator. The person we are looking for will take responsibility for optimising our data schemas, architecture and queries in order to contribute to improving our products.
You will be a part of our Service Operations team, which mainly works with PostgreSQL in Amazon RDS. You will have a central role in our team, working independently to inspect database functionality and layout and introduce improvements without compromising data quality, privacy or security.
The position is remote, available to anyone living in the EU, but if you are located in Stockholm, you can also come to work at our wonderful HQ office in central Stockholm (subject to Covid-19 restrictions, of course). In this role you will report to your team lead and the Head of Service Operations.
What you will do:
- Build database systems of high availability and quality.
- Make sure that the existing database solutions scale with the company.
- Design and implement databases in accordance with required existing usage and new service features.
- Develop processes for optimizing database security.
- Performance optimisation of database systems (e.g., query optimization suggestions, parameter tuning, server scaling).
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards.
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
- Recommend novel approaches and technologies.
- Automate repeating database tasks.
- Be available for on-call support.
- Keep an overview and review database code in the form of stored procedures, scripts, queries, views, triggers, etc.
- Continuously look for inefficiencies in SQL queries and data access patterns
- Perform code reviews for developers with regards to SQL performance
WHO ARE YOU?
To succeed in the role as Database Administrator, we expect you to meet the following minimum qualifications:
- 3+ years working as a Database Administrator working with PostgreSQL or equivalent environments.
- Extensive knowledge of SQL, including programming and optimization techniques
- Query plan analysis knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security and integrity
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding
- BS degree in a computer discipline or relevant certification is highly desirable
- AWS experience
- Expert Level SQL, PL/pgSQL, including stored procedures, functions, triggers, and views.
- Knowledge of JSON and PostgreSQL support for JSON.
- Knowledge of database design principles, query optimization, index management, integrity checks, statistics and isolation levels
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to evaluate alternative solutions and/or workarounds
Big bonus points if you have previous experience of:
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. Redis) and NoSQL support in PostgreSQL
- Experience with scaling and caching of DB
- Experience with message queuing, full text indexing, and other other high performance data concepts.
- Demonstrable experience working with huge, interdependent, complex datasets and data structures.
- Experience with a functional programming language (Haskell, Erlang, Elm, Clojure, OCaml, …)
To succeed in the role as Database Administrator in the SRE team, you need to be self-reliant. You are able to independently choose work methods and make necessary decisions to drive work forward, including when there are no given routines or guidance. You will join a small team that works together closely, so it will be crucial for you to be highly cooperative, paying attention to others’ opinions, competence and performance and making an effort to adjust your own behaviour in order to create good working relationships with others. This role is all about finding and delivering the best solution, therefore you need to be solution oriented, with the ability to break down problems, do an analysis and take action to prevent problems and find the best solution. Scrive is in a growing phase where we are moving forward quickly, meaning that your priorities can also change quickly. Therefore you need to be flexible person who quickly adjusts to new circumstances.
Does this sound interesting? We look forward to hearing your ideas, so apply now!
A leader in digitalisation since 2010, Scrive’s cloud-based platform provides agreement lifecycle automation powered by electronic signature and identification solutions. More than 4000 customers in over 40 countries rely on Scrive to onboard and sign agreements with their customers, partners and employees, driving customer experience, security, compliance and data quality. Headquartered in Stockholm, Scrive is backed by Vitruvian Partners and has over 150 employees.
Our selection process is continuous, and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.