"Legal and regulatory aspects are embedded in almost everything we do at Scrive. As a scale-up legaltech provider, Scrive provides a great possibility for you to grow as a lawyer by contributing to business generation and engaging in product development, marketing, sourcing, compliance and much more.”
Peter Carlstedt, Chief Legal Officer at Scrive
You will be a part of…
...an international environment with offices around Europe with our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. You will join a fast and innovative environment and be part of an entrepreneurial and great-positioned company, growing at an exciting pace. Scrive is filled with caring, smart and committed people who know that we need to collaborate to win. We care about each other and challenge ourselves and each other in our strive to be better and grow, both as individuals and as a company. Our aim is, that a few years from now, you will be able to say; “We did that, I was a part of the Scrive Story.”
With a recent capital injection, we are now increasing speed even further and are therefore looking to expand our Legal department with a Legal Counsel. The role will play a critical part in our expansion by strengthening the department’s capabilities to efficiently support other parts of the organisation both in Sweden and other countries.
The area of electronic signatures and electronic IDs wherein Scrive operates, is full of misconceptions and prejudiced opinions. Therefore, you and the legal department are crucial for our growth; you are the ones that are helping our customers and partners to understand and appreciate the legal environment - and to ensure compliance. This in-house legal expertise is essential for the success of our sales and marketing activities, as well as for building lasting trust with our customers.
As a Legal Counsel at Scrive, you will join a small, hands-on legal team and you will collaborate closely both within the team and with other parts of the organisation - mainly the revenue department. As a scale-up, Scrive’s work environment is fun and exciting, but also fast-paced, diversified and demanding. You need to be able to plan and execute your work effectively, whilst maintaining a high quality of work and a service-minded approach.
The role is located at our head office in central Stockholm, at Grev Turegatan 11 and you will report to the Chief Legal Officer.
In the role as Legal Counsel you will be focusing on providing business oriented legal advice and contract drafting/negotiation support to our revenue organisation. In the end you will be responsible for analyzing and condense both legal, commercial and/or technical issues into simple, straightforward and well-defined contract conditions. In your everyday work, you will:
- Provide clear and correct legal/contractual advice to the revenue department and other parts of the organisation
- Interpret and transform business requirements into legal/contractual requirements and vice versa
- Draft, review and approve contractual conditions in different contexts, such as; sales/license contracts and data processing agreements.
- Contribute in sales meetings as a legal expert, primarily on contract law aspects, electronic signature legislation (i.a. eIDAS) and data protection
- Maintain, update and develop Scrive model agreement documentation
- Research/analyze local laws and regulations with regards to applicability of electronic signatures in different contexts
- Build and maintain Scrive’s knowledge base within legal/compliance matters especially within the areas of electronic signatures (i.a. eIDAS), KYC and data protection
Who you are
To succeed in the role as Legal Counsel, we expect you to meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Minimum 3-4 years legal job experience from in-house legal department
- Swedish LL.M (Jur. kand/Juristexamen) or European equivalent
- Fluent in English, both in writing and speaking
- Excellent skills in MS Office
- Track record of working with commercial contract law, contract drafting and negotiations
- Strong interest in understanding/addressing customer challenges, technical solutions and commercial (pricing) models
Big bonus points:
- Experience from working within or related to the tech industry and especially other SaaS solutions, electronic signature/identity services
- Experience of selling/buying enterprise software solutions and/or e-commerce experience
- Additional excellent language skills and legal knowledge, primarily in French, German, Spanish or Italian.
In this role we see that you are structured, thorough, flexible, service minded and that you take initiatives. We’re using a competence-based recruitment process where those competences will play an important role.
As an applicant you must be eligible to work in Stockholm, Sweden to apply for this role.
Sounds interesting? We look forward to hearing your ideas, so apply now!
Questions about this position?
Peter Carlstedt, Chief Legal Officer
Our selection process is continuous, and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
Why work at Scrive?