Business Intelligence Analyst
I really think you’re ready for something new! Come join my team and you will have the chance to work with data and analytics across our whole organization and do things your way. And you get to help me build the most exciting and progressive data team in Stockholm!
Niclas Roos, Head of Data
You will be a part of…
...an international environment with offices around Europe with our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. You will join a fast and innovative environment and be part of an entrepreneurial and great-positioned company, growing at an exciting pace. Scrive is filled with caring, smart, and passionate people. We care about each other and always strive for the better, both for the company’s and the employee’s development. Our aim is that, a few years from now, you will be able to say; “We did that, I was a part of the Scrive Story.”
This is a new role at Scrive and you will play an important role in building and shaping our Data team. You will be located at our office in Stockholm and report to our Head of Data, Niclas Roos. Our plan is that the team will consist of four persons by the end of the year.
Rather than just developing dashboards on demand, you will play an active role in shaping what, how, and, why we track and measure certain KPIs. You will get the chance to see the impact of your work, and your insights and ideas will play an important role in making our company better. You will work across the whole organization to gather requirements, develop solutions, analyze data, and continuously support efforts to become more data driven in areas such as sales, finance, business operations, and customer support.
In your everyday work, you will:
- Work with different teams to define problems, gather requirements, find data, and select the appropriate tool to solve the problem.
- Connect Tableau to our data warehouse in Snowflake and build dashboards. Sometimes these dashboards will need to be finely crafted, pixel perfect visualizations that end up in front of our board of directors, but most of the time, the focus is just to get more data in front of our colleagues.
- Independently solve problems, analyze data, and answer questions using Excel, Snowflake, Python, and/or Tableau (or whatever other tools you may feel comfortable with that is free-ish).
- Own our Tableau setup and all parts of the life-cycle management of our dashboards. You will need to structure our Tableau portal, add users, define permissions, and make sure that the rest of the organization knows where to find things.
- Educate and support end-users in Tableau and Excel, through training, writing documentation, and answering questions.
Who you are
To succeed in the role as a Business Intelligence Analyst, we believe that you are comfortable and excited about these things:
- Using data wrangling and visualizations, quantitative skills, and, above all, an analytical mindset, you gather hard data to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive action.
- Understanding that great analytics doesn’t happen in a vacuum, you build relationships with both technical and non-technical colleagues, and you are able to clearly communicate your findings, both written and verbally, to stakeholders across the organization.
- Taking an overall responsibility for your domain, you use your experience and hands-on capability to build solutions, while still being prepared to say no when needed.
- Realizing that it can be hard to communicate insights from data, you are an enthusiastic storyteller, with the ability to create compelling visualizations for presentations, reports, and dashboards. And obviously, you know that pie charts are evil.
- Coming to a greenfield environment, you take responsibility for your own working methods and processes. You will need to take an active part in scoping, planning, and prioritizing your work.
Big bonus points if you:
- Just can’t help yourself from visualizing data and have experience from Tableau or similar tools.
- Write python to analyze data, automate boring stuff, or just for the fun of it.
- Have any kind of knowledge of SQL and how relational databases work.
- Are the kind of person that people often come to for help with Excel.
In this role we see that you are problem solving, structured, mature, communicative and co-operative. We’re using a competence-based recruitment process where those competences will play an important role.
Our selection process is continuous, and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.