I really think you’re ready for something new! Come join my team and you will have the chance to work with a modern data stack and do things your way. And you get to help me build the most exciting and progressive data team in Stockholm
Niclas Roos, Head of Data
You will be a part of…
...an international environment with offices around Europe with our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. You will join a fast and innovative environment and be part of an entrepreneurial and great-positioned company, growing at an exciting pace. Scrive is filled with caring, smart, and passionate people. We care about each other and always strive for the better, both for the company’s and the employee’s development. Our aim is that, a few years from now, you will be able to say; “We did that, I was a part of the Scrive Story.”
This is a new role at Scrive and you will play an important role in building and shaping our Data team. You will be located at our office in Stockholm and report to our Head of Data, Niclas Roos. Our plan is that the team will consist of four persons by the end of the year.
The first year of the data team has been a one-man show that was all about finding data, selecting tools, and starting to bring insights to the business. Now, the time has come to bring method to the madness and create a structure that enables collaboration, increased productivity, and improved quality. As the principal technical resource within the data team, you will help the team to work in a more structured way, using agile methods, version control etc. Your main points of contact will be the other members of the data team and system owners in various departments, as you work to make our data better, more accurate, and comprehensive.
In your everyday work, you will:
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining our dbt models.
- Work together with the team and other departments to explore and integrate new data sources, while also working to improve how we capture and structure data in our source systems to ensure data quality.
- Support the rest of the team’s analytical work with advanced SQL queries and scripts, as well as independently perform and review different types of analyses.
- Own the technical setup of Snowflake, Fivetran, and our python processing capabilities.
- Work comfortably with all parts of the data stack: python, Snowflake, Tableau, and Excel.
Who you are
To succeed in the role as a Data Engineer we believe that you are comfortable with and excited about these things:
- Writing and validating SQL queries that enables a deeper understanding and new ways of analyzing the business.
- Building data transformations with dbt (or a profound willingness to learn).
- Solving tricky problems, or at least avoiding mind numbingly dull tasks, with Python (or similar programming language).
- Being your own devops, if needed, and having a knack for coming up with clever ways to resolve technical problems while still being conscious about security and privacy concerns.
- Working with modern developer tools, such as GitHub, Jira etc.
- Coming to a greenfield environment, you take responsibility for your own working methods and processes. You will need to take an active part in scoping, planning, and prioritizing your work.
Big bonus points if you:
- Just can’t help yourself from visualizing data and have experience from Tableau or similar tools.
- Are the kind of person that people often come to for help with Excel.
- Love to find and test cool new tools, modules, and libraries.
In this role we see that you are flexible, structured, mature, responsible and problem solving. We’re using a competence-based recruitment process where those competences will play an important role.
Our selection process is continuous, and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.